change cpu on ASUS K53E

dvdm95

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017
Hi there,

I would like to ask you if it is possible to change and upgrade my current CPU. These are all the informations I am able to provide.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
Language: Italian (Regional Setting: Italian)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model: K53E
BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/07/11 14:38:33 Ver: 04.06.03
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2856MB RAM
Page File: 3134MB used, 2665MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode

Do not hesitate to ask for more information.
Thank you in advance.

Solution
The short answer is no. It's a laptop so it's better to leave it alone. You can upgrade the RAM, or do an SSD to make it faster as well. The issue is that laptops are easy to break if you open them up, and most of the time the CPU is soldered to the main board, so you can't change it out anyways. Then you might run into BIOS or compatibility issues with a newer processor. Your best bet if you really want to to it, is to check a service manual for your laptop, and check to see if ASUS offered different processors in that same laptop model (same year). It's possible if they did, and your motherboard is socketed for a processor, you could upgrade. Chances are, it will be an expensive, time-consuming job that might not work.

sirstinky

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
The short answer is no. It's a laptop so it's better to leave it alone. You can upgrade the RAM, or do an SSD to make it faster as well. The issue is that laptops are easy to break if you open them up, and most of the time the CPU is soldered to the main board, so you can't change it out anyways. Then you might run into BIOS or compatibility issues with a newer processor. Your best bet if you really want to to it, is to check a service manual for your laptop, and check to see if ASUS offered different processors in that same laptop model (same year). It's possible if they did, and your motherboard is socketed for a processor, you could upgrade. Chances are, it will be an expensive, time-consuming job that might not work.

Solution