[SOLVED] Change Default Display used in Safe Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swineadam

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018
as the title says... normally this isn't an issue, and the post menus while booting and safe mode appear on my TV hooked up through HDMI. problem is... i have HDMI from PC to the AVR unit and in turn have the TV hooked to AVR. never a problem in the past, but now... apprently my system thinks it should send video directly to the AVR even when it is off or on. so regardless of AVR state i get no post or safe mode video to the display.

i have only found two solutions...
1.) unplug HDMI
2.) enable Compatibility Support Module in the bios, which slows down boot.

neither is acceptable, considering video used to post just fine. i have already tried uninstalling recent Updates... looks like i might just have to reinstall windows because of this stupid crap. i find it extremely difficult to believe there's no way to change this setting in windows, considering it is windows that changed the setting. but still can't find anything on google :(

anyone?

swineadam

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018
i am using the GTX 1070 Ti on the PCIe port. there iGPU disabled in BIOS. this is only a recent issue. just started. i used to be able to see the boot post on my TV just fine, but not now. :(

i know there is a way to change the default resolution used by safemode. so, i was hoping maybe for the display too.

swineadam

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018
welp... i just did a fresh installation of windows, and still occurring... happening on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10-1909. (its not the update. everything worked fine after the update. in fact, Borderlands 3 performs just a tad better for it.) this pisses me off so bad. ARGH! ><

i don't understand what could be causing this. nothing on my AVR, or TV, has changed. nothing in my BIOS has changed. all-of-a-sudden this just happens... it doesn't make sense!

swineadam

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018
okay... so apparently something on my TV did change. SOMEHOW, it performed an automatic update. i say SOMEHOW, because it isn't connected to the internet and the option to do updates is disabled.

well... in the end, after the update, it enabled an option called HDMI UHD Color. i don't use HDR and play at 1080p, so this is useless for me.

@Colif thank you for dropping by! ^_^ lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS