change default save drive

Jun 26, 2018
I have lenovo w8.1 laptop with 32gb ssd and I want to plug in 500GB sd card which shows up as "D" drive. I want to change default save(docs) to this D drive

Solution
What laptop do you have specifically?

Initially reading it, I thought you were looking at a 32GB SSD + 500GB HDD.... in that instance, the SSd should be configured as a cache drive.

You've mentioned a 500GB SD Card though..... and those typically go for approx $300 USD.

While it's possible to re-map your drives/folders so they are stored on the SD card or HDD.... I doubt it would be overly economical to do so.

Most "laptops" with 32GB SSDs are glorified tablets... +$300 for an SD card.... you'd likely be better off buying a new (or "new to you") *actual* laptop.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What laptop do you have specifically?

Initially reading it, I thought you were looking at a 32GB SSD + 500GB HDD.... in that instance, the SSd should be configured as a cache drive.

You've mentioned a 500GB SD Card though..... and those typically go for approx $300 USD.

While it's possible to re-map your drives/folders so they are stored on the SD card or HDD.... I doubt it would be overly economical to do so.

Most "laptops" with 32GB SSDs are glorified tablets... +$300 for an SD card.... you'd likely be better off buying a new (or "new to you") *actual* laptop.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS