Change drive running XP

Solution
1) Go to the BIOS when the machine is starting up and select the correct boot device.
2) Disconnect two of them.
3) Build a boot menu with a free tool.

Also, my first and second suggestion depend on each disk being independently bootable, which is the way I build them. It's possible that only one disk is actually bootable, while the other two contain XP installs dependent on starting the boot from the first one. If you change the disk with 1 or 2 above and only one drive will boot, then that's probably your situation.

Purely out of curiosity, why do you need three different XP boots?
1) Go to the BIOS when the machine is starting up and select the correct boot device.
2) Disconnect two of them.
3) Build a boot menu with a free tool.

Also, my first and second suggestion depend on each disk being independently bootable, which is the way I build them. It's possible that only one disk is actually bootable, while the other two contain XP installs dependent on starting the boot from the first one. If you change the disk with 1 or 2 above and only one drive will boot, then that's probably your situation.

Purely out of curiosity, why do you need three different XP boots?

Solution

rfdrj

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014

>>> Well what happened is I had three computers that the power supplies died so I took all three hard drives(all with XP) out and stuck them into another case with a huge power supply with a motherboard and enough distribution to handle them along with two cdr/w dives, a dvd r/w drive and three external hard drives then I had a laptop die but the hard drive worked so it is now a 1TB external hard drive and it has Win7 on it but it is disabled right now. My drive letters go up to P.

Somehow last week the boot up drive changed to drive F from drive C. This happened when Firefox and windows updated at the same time which is weird.

I found a way to identify the drive number (not letter) so now I can set bios without guessing. I have about 4TB of memory on these drives.