Change Elan touchpad drivers to Synaptics?

concord72

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
Just bought a Y410p and the only thing really bothering me is the touchpad. Even before buying it, i kept reading in reviews that it was either hit or miss, depending on which version you got. I got the 1 with Elan drivers, which are supposed to suck compared to the models that shipped with the Synaptics drivers. IDK anything about this stuff other than I want to try and get the Synaptics version. Is this possible, and if so, how would I do it? (I'm not super tech savvy so please give me the idiots guide, thanks)

Solution

Go to yours laptops manufacturer's web site and search for touchpad drivers. If there is option to download Synaptics drivers then do, but I doubt it. You will need to uninstall Elan drivers before you install Synaptics...

mironso

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

Go to yours laptops manufacturer's web site and search for touchpad drivers. If there is option to download Synaptics drivers then do, but I doubt it. You will need to uninstall Elan drivers before you install Synaptics. Uninstall only after you obtain Synaptics drivers!

Solution