[SOLVED] change in gpu killed whole pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGR

Commendable
Jun 11, 2020
Well, my friend recently changed both the psu and gpu. The psu worked with the previous gpu he had. But when he changed gpu his pc wouldn't boot, only the fans are spinning no keyboard no anything.
What can be the cause of it?

Specs:
Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600x
PSU: Corsair cv650
ram: 16gb
gpu: gtx 1050 ti before, now he wants to upgrade to gtx 1660 super
motherboard: asus a320m-k

Last edited:
yes the old gpu worked until he switched to the new one. When he switched to the new one, the old one did not work too.
Hopefully something has just come loose. I would unplug everything, all cables and then re plug in again ensuring they are fully seated. I would also reseat the RAM. It can happen that something gets knocked while working in the pc. If this still doesn’t work I would also try reseating the cpu and cooler.

AfikH

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
He will try it again but he has already done the gpu the ram the cmos battery.

Sometimes when i face the same problem i clear CMOS .

Two ways to clear CMOS:
1. Using a CMOS jumper or a dedicated jumper on the motherboard, generally near the battery.
The jumper position, time to wait, and location of the jumper are completely dependent on the motherboard. (From intel's website) .
2.Removing the battery - on the motherboard there is a rounded silver color battery, take it out by pushing the "spring" that holds it, it should jump right out. wait a few minutes then put it back in and try again to start your pc .

Try this on your own responsibility .

Be careful of static electricity which may fry your components ( Also a posibility that it's something that happend to your friend ) .

BlueGR

Commendable
Jun 11, 2020
Sometimes when i face the same problem i clear CMOS .

Two ways to clear CMOS:
1. Using a CMOS jumper or a dedicated jumper on the motherboard, generally near the battery.
The jumper position, time to wait, and location of the jumper are completely dependent on the motherboard. (From intel's website) .
2.Removing the battery - on the motherboard there is a rounded silver color battery, take it out by pushing the "spring" that holds it, it should jump right out. wait a few minutes then put it back in and try again to start your pc .

Try this on your own responsibility .

Be careful of static electricity which may fry your components ( Also a posibility that it's something that happend to your friend ) .

Already tried it nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.