Change Legacy for EUFI BIOS

Marcelo_7

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016
Windows 8.1
I installed win 8.1 on my ssd in gpt, and the system says im on eufi mod...but When I go to bios legacy is enabled and I want disable buts says I may lose data?
What I shoud do?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Does PC boot now? If it boots, just leave it alone and not wonder (as I do) how a legacy bios boots a GPT disc

If SSD is formatted to GPT, and doesn't boot, then you have to swap BIOS to EUFI as it won't boot the SSD if you don't. I expect the only data it would lose was the previous boot info that may have matched previous HDD, if you had one.

Marcelo_7

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016

Yes before ssd my pc have hd...my ssd boots in gpt on legacy...its strange because on system information says im on eufi mod, but bios says legacy, its working welll but im asking if I corrupt or lose something If I change to eufi on bios

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is your pc custom or brand name? If custom, what motherboard do you have? If brand name, what make/model?

I go look and see what I can find on motherboard before I say one way or other. It doesn't seem right its set to legacy but works, so don't do anything till I look :)

Marcelo_7

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016

brand name...its a portable hp Envy 15