Question Change Monitor Refresh rate

Aravind92

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2014
Hi,

I have a 75hz monitor, just wondering if I can make it 60 hz.

Say, I am playing a demanding game and can't lock 75.

How can I go about making a 75hz dislpay 60hz as games become more demanding, coz if I just like that lock fps at 60 on 75hz display, it is not like 60fps on 60hz display, it is choppy, Can I work around this?

Just to clarify, it has got freesync with display port(allows me to turn on gsync on nvcp
), it is fantastically smooth, but since it is not officially supported, seems a little glitchy, so wondering if there is anyway to make a 75hz monitor behave like 60hz.

woot

Distinguished
try the monitors settings to see if you can lock it at 60hz, also if you want to lock all your games at 60fps, you can use nvidias "max frame rate" option in the nvidia control panel under global 3d settings (assuming you have the latest drivers)

Aravind92

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2014
try the monitors settings to see if you can lock it at 60hz, also if you want to lock all your games at 60fps, you can use nvidias "max frame rate" option in the nvidia control panel under global 3d settings (assuming you have the latest drivers)
Hey,

Thank you for the response.

Nothing in the monitor osd to change refresh rate.

I can lock fps to 60, that is not the trouble, the problem is I have to make the refresh rate of the monitor as well to 60, that way the frame time will have a perfect match with the monitor's refresh rate. Essentially, locking playing at 60 fps on 60hz montior will feel smoother than playing at 60 on 75hz monitor, get my point?

Zoel.fahmi

Upstanding
Dec 27, 2019
Hey,

Thank you for the response.

Nothing in the monitor osd to change refresh rate.

I can lock fps to 60, that is not the trouble, the problem is I have to make the refresh rate of the monitor as well to 60, that way the frame time will have a perfect match with the monitor's refresh rate. Essentially, locking playing at 60 fps on 60hz montior will feel smoother than playing at 60 on 75hz monitor, get my point?
Try locking in 75 fps

Hi,

I have a 75hz monitor, just wondering if I can make it 60 hz.

Say, I am playing a demanding game and can't lock 75.

How can I go about making a 75hz dislpay 60hz as games become more demanding, coz if I just like that lock fps at 60 on 75hz display, it is not like 60fps on 60hz display, it is choppy, Can I work around this?

Just to clarify, it has got freesync with display port(allows me to turn on gsync on nvcp
), it is fantastically smooth, but since it is not officially supported, seems a little glitchy, so wondering if there is anyway to make a 75hz monitor behave like 60hz.
See section 6.1.1 here to set the refresh rate: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-a-120-hz-display.3268285/

Aravind92

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2014
Hi,

Just did that, Please find photo below.

View: https://imgur.com/a/U719oXu

But I am not sure if the 100 ISO made a difference, the camera still clicked the image fast.

And, the game at 60 fps again is not smooth, like if I turn gsync on, that effectively changes the refresh rate to 60 if I lock game fps at 60. That is smooth.

Changing refresh rate under windows doesn't seem to be changin refresh rate of the monitor instead just locking it, I don't know.