[SOLVED] Change motherboard

Sep 26, 2019
Can I change my motherboard? It's on a computer Celsius 380w and I want to change it with newer atx or mini atx. It is possible?

Solution
OK, so now I see where the confusion was. This is a Fujitsu Celcius W380. You posting 380w makes it look like you were talking about a power supply, not a system model.

Unfortunately, you cannot install any standard form factor motherboard into that case because it was only designed to be used with BTX form factor motherboards. The holes for the standoffs will be in the wrong place, the motherboard dimensions are likely different AND the alignment of the rear I/O panel will not match. If you want a different motherboard you will need a different case and probably a different power supply as well. This is not new or unexpected. These OEM systems are specifically designed to discourage users from using products not supplied by the...
You have given us ZERO information about what you have now, so nobody can tell you what you can or cannot do.

What is the model of your computer system if it is a prebuilt system, or, what are the EXACT model numbers of your motherboard, CPU and power supply?

Sep 26, 2019
I am asking especially can it fits because the motherboard is btx form factor and I want to buy asus prime x370 pro with ryzen 5 2600. I have a I5 650 ,the motherboard is with socket 1156

On the motherboard itself, there should be a model number somewhere. Either along the top edge or down the middle of the board in most cases. We can't guess. It might be BTX form factor, but it might use proprietary power connectors or any number of non-standard components if it is an OEM system.

And, if it is an OEM system, we would want to know WHAT the model is of that OEM system. That would be more helpful than trying to guess at what you have, which isn't going to happen. Guessing is not an option here.

OK, so now I see where the confusion was. This is a Fujitsu Celcius W380. You posting 380w makes it look like you were talking about a power supply, not a system model.

Unfortunately, you cannot install any standard form factor motherboard into that case because it was only designed to be used with BTX form factor motherboards. The holes for the standoffs will be in the wrong place, the motherboard dimensions are likely different AND the alignment of the rear I/O panel will not match. If you want a different motherboard you will need a different case and probably a different power supply as well. This is not new or unexpected. These OEM systems are specifically designed to discourage users from using products not supplied by the manufacturer and the best way to do that is to use non standard parts. Plus, with BTX being a technology that ended back in 2006 for the most part, it's likely these parts are so old there would be very little sense in using them anyhow. Looks like that probably has a 1st gen i5 in it, which is definitely not capable enough for anything these days short of the most basic office applications or internet browsing. Those can be equally accomplished with a modern 35 dollar CPU if that is all you need to do, so no matter what the intended purpose for this machine it seems like an upgrade should be part of the plan for the entire platform AND the chassis.

Solution