Question Change mouse DPI via Software?

Apr 30, 2022
Hello Community :giggle:

My mouse for gaming, Cherry - Gentix Corded broke yesterday and my only backup mouse is the Cherry - Gentix 4K. The problem is, even if both are of the same series and have exactly the same shape, they feel totally different (not only the weight). So till my order (3-7 days) arrives, I have to use this stupid mouse. The biggest problem is the Gentix Corded comes with 1000 dpi, but the Gentix 4K with 800, 1200, 2400 & 3600. So all factors combined, even when using dpi calculator/converter, make my Gameplay & muscle-memory completely miserable. To minimize those factors I would at least like to set the dpi to 1000. Since this mouse does support much higher dpi's, I'd like to know if there is a way to change/set the dpi or nearly "simulate" it (not the cursor in Win10, since the game uses raw Input without acceleration). The Cherry Utility Software simply doesn't recognize the mouse and the only other Cherry Software Keys is only to set up macros etc.

Is there a way, a software or anything which can set or precisely "simulate" the dpi on my Gentix 4K?

Greetings. - ZenOh

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I'd like to know if there is a way to change/set the dpi or nearly "simulate" it (not the cursor in Win10, since the game uses raw Input without acceleration).

Many games have mouse sensitivity slider, so, adjust the responsiveness (DPI) from there.

If game doesn't have sensitivity slider, then there isn't nothing to do. Especially since the dedicated software this brand has, doesn't recognize the mouse. And it looks like the DPI profiles it has, are built-in, which can be changed only via proper button on mouse.