Change network printer IP address

danodano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Just installed a HP Officejet pro 8500a printer. This is a replacement for the same brand. Cannot print on my network printer - can on a different one (I.E. one physical printer, 3 logical printers to choose from). I could print on my network printer (default) before replacing printer. Also, I can select one of the other printers and printing takes place. I think the IP address of the Network printer changed. So, all I think I need to do is: change the IP address of the Network printer. Guess???

This is very confusing. Are you saying you can't print on the new printer you installed, or to another one?

What's this thing about one physical printer and 3 logical printers? Do you have the same printer installed 3 times with different connections/drivers/settings? Why not just use one of the working setups? If you think the IP changed, change it back. Your manual will have instructions on how to do that. And the old printer setup will show you what the IP port used to be. Just make sure nothing else is using that IP.

danodano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012

Called HP support and they handled resetting the IP address for both my computers (desk/notebook). You were right in that the printer was assigned different names (I.E. desktop had 3 different names for the printer and 3 different names for fax- notebook had 3 different names for the printer). Anyway, all is welll. Thank you for your input.

Sincerely,
Dan