[SOLVED] Change of case for optiplex 990 sff

Yurimio

Prominent
Aug 21, 2019
Hello all,

I currently have a optiplex 990 sff. I plan to move the whole mother board and system into another case (preferably mirco) as I would like to upgrade both my PSU and also my GPU. I am currently using an i5-2500 cpu with 16 gbs of ram , stock psu and a gtx 1050 lp. It runs just fine but it's nice to change things up. Ideally to up the gpu to either a mini 1070 or 1080.
Been looking online and from a budget stand point, it seem like a change of the psu , case and gpu is the way to go. Any suggestions or ideas? Recommendations? Tutorials?

I'm new to PC gaming.
Thanks all!

Solution
It's best you don't expend anymore resources onto that prebuilt. In fact you won't be able to find a case that caters to that board without ending up with unused space at the bottom of an matx case. I mentioned matx since the holes on the top most line up with an matx/atx chassis, not an mitx chassis.

Lutfij

Titan
It's best you don't expend anymore resources onto that prebuilt. In fact you won't be able to find a case that caters to that board without ending up with unused space at the bottom of an matx case. I mentioned matx since the holes on the top most line up with an matx/atx chassis, not an mitx chassis.

Solution