[SOLVED] Change of fans worth it?

Oasis Curator

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
I have three 120mm fans in my tower.
They're not hugely loud but they're possibly not as quiet as they could be but wanted to gauge of the ones I have are pretty good... I know nothing about cooling really!

1 x nano xia 1500rpm
2 x fractical design 1200rpm

The graphics card and CPU have their stock coolers.

Would a be quiet! Fan be any better for the rear fan? Not sure it's worth the £25 though.

Solution
High end fans can be quieter or have more performance and be louder, they also generally last longer. Depends on how fast you spin them how they'll do.

be quiet! is just a brand, can't really answer without the actual fan model, and you have to compare your options to other things on the market.

There are plenty of decent fans like your fractal design case fans that are quite good for what they cost.

If your system isn't overheating, reduce the fan speeds to make it quieter.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
High end fans can be quieter or have more performance and be louder, they also generally last longer. Depends on how fast you spin them how they'll do.

be quiet! is just a brand, can't really answer without the actual fan model, and you have to compare your options to other things on the market.

There are plenty of decent fans like your fractal design case fans that are quite good for what they cost.

If your system isn't overheating, reduce the fan speeds to make it quieter.

Reactions: Oasis Curator
Solution

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Agree with the fan rpms maybe play with curve. LL120s here and if rpm get up to 1200 or higher they begin make a little noise. Found ideal rpm maybe 1100 or lower if possible but when gaming the fans do make little noise.