Change owner name

uvfndtinamarie

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
i recently purchased a computer second hand and the previouse owners setting is still in computer how do i change it to my name or what i want

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
it's very simple. there are programs that can do this but i can't think of any right now. you can also change the registry entry. it's located at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion

once you're there double click on the registered owner entry and just change the name to whatever you want! done :)

shabaa

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Although the registry edit is perhaps the quickest and most efficient way to go about doing this change, many people feel uncomfortable about making changes in the registry ... and rightfully so, as you can really mess up things there and it holds a potential for disaster. If you feel uncomfortable in making registry changes then download the program “tweak manager” from pctools.com. There is a free and a pay for version and the "Change Registered Owner" is one of the tweaks offered in the free version. It is a simple user friendly GUI driven registry editing program that will make the changes that are listed. Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS