[SOLVED] change something for better performance?

gurmeetgill1990

Reputable
Aug 12, 2018
hello..everyone i have my build since some time and i want to know if i can change something instead of making new pc..
i have
asus p7p55d-e
cpu intel xeon x3480 3.20ghz lga 1156 socket
kingston 8gb ram
asus gtx 960 4gb video card
windows 10 64bit

Solution
ok thank you :D
all i can say is i will have to upgrade everything in order to have best frames..i have monitor with 120hz refresh rate..but i cant have 60 fps in any new game on high graphics..

Yep, you need a faster video card and faster CPU to run new games on high at 60 fps. Your CPU came out almost 10 years ago, the 960 5 years ago. Without that, lower your setttings.

kanewolf

Titan
hello..everyone i have my build since some time and i want to know if i can change something instead of making new pc..
i have
asus p7p55d-e
cpu intel xeon x3480 3.20ghz lga 1156 socket
kingston 8gb ram
asus gtx 960 4gb video card
windows 10 64bit
There aren't too many things that are easily changed. Your graphics card, upgrade to an SSD, upgrade your RAM.
Beyond that, a new motherboard/CPU/RAM combo is the only significant upgrade.

gurmeetgill1990

Reputable
Aug 12, 2018
more details.. i have 500gb ssd already..only thing i dont understand if combo of gtx 960 with xeon cpu is good..sometimes i doubt abot bottleneck in performance..
ram is ddr3 1333

kanewolf

Titan
more details.. i have 500gb ssd already..only thing i dont understand if combo of gtx 960 with xeon cpu is good..sometimes i doubt abot bottleneck in performance..
ram is ddr3 1333
I am not a gamer, so I can't comment on limitations in any specific game. BUT the 960 + the Xeon is what you have. So you should be able to determine how well the pair work together. The specific games you play, the resolution you run and the game options you choose, in addition to the hardware you have will determine your performance.

gurmeetgill1990

Reputable
Aug 12, 2018
all i can say is i will have to upgrade everything in order to have best frames..i have monitor with 120hz refresh rate..but i cant have 60 fps in any new game on high graphics..

Yep, you need a faster video card and faster CPU to run new games on high at 60 fps. Your CPU came out almost 10 years ago, the 960 5 years ago. Without that, lower your setttings.

Solution

gurmeetgill1990

Reputable
Aug 12, 2018
thanks guys..:D:D really helpful answers..i don't know enough about pc and i learned everything by myself so i'm just trying to do how much i can..i upgraded everything by myself so i was thinking maybe i did something wrong about cpu or gpu..but they are just too old for new games..

Last edited: