change speaker jack for sound blaster sound card

alan white

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
I have a sound blaster x-fi extreme sound card installed on my windows 7 system. somehow the speaker jack setting was set to LR rear panel optical jack. How do I change the setting to hook up stereo headphones on the front headphone jack? At this time I have no sound at all. Does this Lenovo Ideabook have any built in speakers?

Solution
Hello... Use the SB/sound card/chip APP in Control panel to "re-task" the case front connector as a speaker/headphone connector/output... typically you can right click the connecter icon to change it to something/anything else.

Use the OS SOUND-playback app in the control panel to enable or disable multi devices, digital optical, and used/un-used outputs... in the OS.

You change your physical Input/Output functions, on your MB and Case using the SB/sound card/chip APP.
You add/remove/disable/enable OS outputs using the OS Sound APP... or changing your Output connections/wires/speakers from the computer/sound card.
Hello... Use the SB/sound card/chip APP in Control panel to "re-task" the case front connector as a speaker/headphone connector/output... typically you can right click the connecter icon to change it to something/anything else.

Use the OS SOUND-playback app in the control panel to enable or disable multi devices, digital optical, and used/un-used outputs... in the OS.

You change your physical Input/Output functions, on your MB and Case using the SB/sound card/chip APP.
You add/remove/disable/enable OS outputs using the OS Sound APP... or changing your Output connections/wires/speakers from the computer/sound card.

Solution