[SOLVED] Change switches or keyboard?

akli__

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
Hi, I recently bought a Redragon Yama with purple switches, which I found to be noisy, but the keyboard has other qualities I like such as volume wheel, programmable keys (though weirdly placed) and individual keys lighting when pressed.

So the question is, should I just buy silent switches (and shorter keycaps to allow for more rgb bleeding) o just get a new keyboard with these things.

In both cases, any recommendation of either switches/keycaps or keyboards?

Thanks.

Solution
On top of the switch and keycap prices you'll have to desolder all the switches, remove all the solder from the holes (unless they are smd switches) and resolder all the new switches to the PCB without ruining it. Just easier to get a new keyboard.

racksmith101

Respectable
On top of the switch and keycap prices you'll have to desolder all the switches, remove all the solder from the holes (unless they are smd switches) and resolder all the new switches to the PCB without ruining it. Just easier to get a new keyboard.

Solution

akli__

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017

Is there any model that can have its parts swapped ?
Maybe i read wrong, but i saw what i think are the empty cases without switches or keys and they cost more than a fully equipped brand keyboard.