[SOLVED] Change the amount of RAM for system

Jun 17, 2020
Hello. I changed in msconfig the memory to use or aomething like that accidentaly to 256mb because i only have 8 gb of ram and the rest 8 we re for hardware.I want to type 4gb.After reboot i get blue screen every time . How do i fix it ?
I tried booting with 1 module.I reboot my bios.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020
So i have change the amount of ram in msconfig and now it gives me a bluescreen.
In cmd i tried the comand bcdedit /deletevalue {myidentifier} numproc to delete windows bootloader but it doesn't work.

Colif

Win 11 Master
oops.

did you try system restore as it includes msconfig settings. hopefully you have a recent date in there.
if you can get to cmd you can get to system restore, it is on same page of startup

easiest way is use win 10 installer as boot drive - On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore
pick a recent date
pc will roll settings back to this date

Jun 17, 2020
oops.

did you try system restore as it includes msconfig settings. hopefully you have a recent date in there.
if you can get to cmd you can get to system restore, it is on same page of startup

easiest way is use win 10 installer as boot drive - On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore
pick a recent date
I tried system restore.I have 2 dates i think 18 and 15 november but still doesn't get in windows and i can't get in safe mode

Colif

Win 11 Master
safe mode in win 10 relies on you being able to get to logon screen. clearly that doesn't work here.

or at least, thats what I thought

Here is another way to try to get to Safe Mode.

Boot to the Command Prompt of your boot disk (see methods to create below). Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.
(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY

EXIT

You are back to the boot screen -> Shutdown the computer.

Boot back up and "immediately" start tapping F8 (That means power button - then F8).

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To reverse that you can use the same steps and type these (again note spaces)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY STANDARD

Restart but F8 will not work now.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...msconfig/022a77b9-14ec-43aa-8b74-74869ce0437c

Jun 17, 2020
oops.

boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore
pick a recent date
If i reinstall my windows with a clean install does the bootloader change ?
Is the bootloader saved on hard disk or motherbord(BIOS) ?