Sep 6, 2020
My card is sapphire pulse rx 580 8gb. And I need to replace thermal pads

I contacted sapphire for thermal pad thickness and it's 1mm and 0.75mm.

But, I can't find any 0.75mm thermal pad.

Is it possible, to change thermal pad thickness from 1mm to 0.75mm. Or, it will destroy the thermal pad.??

I have tools to measure it correctly. But if you know useful way, please help

Solution
Just use a 1.0mm pad, it will squish down. Likely whatever you are buying is going to be higher quality then what the card came with so the gain in thermal resistance will be minimal. Better to be too thick than too thin.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Just use a 1.0mm pad, it will squish down. Likely whatever you are buying is going to be higher quality then what the card came with so the gain in thermal resistance will be minimal. Better to be too thick than too thin.

Reactions: NM-NM
Solution
Sep 6, 2020

Thanks for your response.

Some one told me that, this may damage the card is this true???

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not unless the pad is made from some ridiculously hard material that won't compress.

The card has in-built sensors, if things get too warm it will just throttle. Again, not like anything you can buy off the shelf is going to be significantly worse then what they originally used. Likely better.

Reactions: NM-NM
Sep 6, 2020
Not unless the pad is made from some ridiculously hard material that won't compress.

The card has in-built sensors, if things get too warm it will just throttle. Again, not like anything you can buy off the shelf is going to be significantly worse then what they originally used. Likely better.
Thanks too much that's very helpful.

I will buy arctic thermal pad the blue one. I think it's soft enough and has a good quality.

What do you think? Do you suggest a better one?

Sorry, for asking many questions?
Hope iam not annoying you.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry for the late reply. I've used Arctic's pads before, no complaints. Though I never did a side by side comparison. Fujipoly are the only other brand I have really invested in.

Also used some pads that came with XSPC water cooling blocks, not sure who the OEM is there.