change .txt file to .exe file

jaela_rische

Honorable
May 12, 2013
guys can you help me? i already changed a .txt file to .exe file. and in folder options, i also unchecked the hide extensions for unknown files.. when i try to open the file, it opens for like 1-2 seconds and the it closes again. what can i do? i need that file.. please help me!

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
An exe extension denotes an excutable file like an application. If there is no data in the file to which it can use to open an application then the exe file would attempt to open then close again, that is what is happening.

A txt file is just a notepad sheet with text. You just can't rename a text file with an exe extensions even if it was an exe file to begin with so that the sender could email the file without consequence, the data bits in the header (the first line or two in the file) would be changed by email virus scanners and possibly by the users own operating system.

The sender should have just zipped the exe file and sent it rather than trying to cheat the system.

"fixtheapp" that could mean "fixed the application" which is probably an actual application executable that he has used with a special code to remove something "special" so that it works on your system.....

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
On the other hand, if he is the trainer then that would make you the trainee meaning that he has sent you the app for you to fix meaning that he is a hanker and that makes your a trainee hanker (c/n).

If you haven't worked out what to do then you have failed miserably and are not worthy of being in such a trade.

Burield

Honorable
May 13, 2013
Every .exe file have a coding section. I think this is not working before you have to use the coding section.