Change UBUNTU admin passwd using GUI

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nss000

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Gents:

Running UBUNTU_12.04.4

Can I change admin password from a GUI ?

systemtools --> systemsetting--> useraccounts provides **no obvious tool** enabling this change ... infact clicking here-and-there etc. provides no obvious tool to do anything. Mebby it's a REPORTs function only and I should call another process.

Anyrate I'd appreciate a clue for changing my "boss" admin password.

Oh yeah ... assuming nearly the worst should I unplug my system from the web while making this password change?

nss000

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Thanks again to all posters on this thread. Vis' the initial subject: a new password for my workstation, I have chosen a new passphrase, which is while novel contains all the traditional dis-sembliers, is long, easy-to-remember and which for recovery **hides** quite naturally and innocently among a household of scribbled reminders, bash-cheats, doodles, reviews, comments, maths derivations, colored markers and lecture-notes.

So this thread has a practical, successful outcome for me. Thanks again to all. Yeah yeah Vito and Tony still watch from across the street, but it IS a free country.

TRENDING THREADS