Change W2K Product Key

Glenn

Hi All,

We have mistakenly re-installed a W2K Server using a
Product Key that is already in use by another server. Is
there a way of changing the product key or does it require
a re-install?

Glenn.

AFAIK a reinstall but I wouldn't worry about it as long as you have a legal
licensed copy.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Glenn" wrote:
| Hi All,
|
| We have mistakenly re-installed a W2K Server using a
| Product Key that is already in use by another server. Is
| there a way of changing the product key or does it require
| a re-install?
|
| Glenn.

Glenn

Unfortunately we had terminal services licensing on that
box and the CALS were issued using the old product key :-(.

Glenn.

newsgroup.