Question Change which playback device audio dial controls

Aug 26, 2022
Hello everyone 😅

So I have a razer huntsman elite keyboard, the one with a dial. I use it to control my volume.

But I recently Installed and setup Voicemeeter Banana. And with that installed there are more then 1 audio source / playback device that I need active for it to work. And my keyboard Dial can only control 1 but that happens to be the wrong one.

So my question is if there is any way to change which one it controls, except changing default device, becuase that also breaks voicemeeter?

If you know anything please let me know 😊 thanks in advance

found this
https://github.com/irzyxa/Volume2
Volume² is a program designed to replace your standard Windows Volume Control. The application enables you to control the sound volume by rotating the mouse wheel or by using some keyboard shortcuts.
with this you should be able to control all sound devices with shortcuts
say device 1 with volume up/down, device 2 with shift + volume up/down, etc

Aug 26, 2022
Hey, thank you for sending that, And yes Volume2 kinda solved the issue I had in the original post, But I found another solution within the Voicemeeter program that makes more sense for me, the only unfortunate thing is both the solutions makes my flyout which shows current song and volume. But atleast the original problem is solved.

Aug 26, 2022
found this
https://github.com/irzyxa/Volume2

with this you should be able to control all sound devices with shortcuts
say device 1 with volume up/down, device 2 with shift + volume up/down, etc

I have now managed to solve everything, It is kind off an annoying fix because you have to set up whichplayback device each program should use manually, So the fix is In windows settings, (App volume and device preferences) you can pick and choose which playback device apps should use, so with that I can swap default device without messing with my voicemeeter stuff.

But thank you very much for your suggestion, that's what took me in the right direction 😊