Question Change windowed resolution - Sega Model 2

Nov 24, 2021
Hi guys,

Is there a way to change the windowed mode resolution for the Model 2 application.

Daytona starts in a small windowed box. If I select switch to full screen its fine goes to full screen and the resolution is like 1080p, perfect.
However, if I leave it in windowed mode but enlarge the window so it takes up the whole screen the resolution is like 620p or something. Is there a way to make the resolution 1080p in the windowed mode so when I enlarge the window I get 1080p.

You might say just run it in full screen mode, but I can't. I am running two screens, and two players. So I need to drag one windowed application over to my second monitor. You can not run two full screen applications on one pc with two monitors.

It seems like it should be an easy fix but I can't figure out why the windowed mode is lower resolution.

Please, I know there must be a tech genius out there who knows how to do this.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021
Thank you boju. I don't think this is the route I want to go down.
I think its best to first understand where the model 2 application gets it window resolution from. Its like the emulator using a small resolution while in windowed mode and then switches to a higher resolution when entered into full screen mode.
There is an .ini file but I can't see where any changes could be made here.
Screenshot_(40).png

There is an .ini file but I can't see where any changes could be made here.
It's very possible that you have to enter the lines yourself,
it has fullscreenwidth and height so it could use windowedwidth and height for windowed mode.
These options should be available from the menu and if you tell us which setup you use we could look it up, or you could even look it up on google it's not that hard.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Have you thought about networking it? I do that with m2 emulator Dayton usa, all it needs is config file. Can do it over internet too with vpn but the opposition car isn't smooth, over lan is fine though. If interested ill explain what to do.

Nov 24, 2021
Have you thought about networking it? I do that with m2 emulator Dayton usa, all it needs is config file. Can do it over internet too with vpn but the opposition car isn't smooth, over lan is fine though. If interested ill explain what to do.
Yes I do network it. On the same PC with different ports. That is why I need it on two screens on the same pc. Yes I can hook up another pc and network it, but its not what I am trying to do.
I will post the answer here if I sus it out.
Thanks again boju.