Question Changed all PC parts, but still no signal to monitor ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2022
Hello, so basically I had a power surge and my PSU got burned. After changing it, my PC was lit up and everything was working except the picture on the monitor.
After that I bought part by part and kept switching it to see if it will work, but today arrived my latest hope the CPU and after switching it with all new parts it still wasnt giving picture to my monitor.
I tried all that I know...

• Switching up RAMs
  • cleaning RAMs
  • taking out CMOS
  • checking up all cables connected to PSU
  • switched DPI cable and HDMI cable
  • tried plugging into motherboard with both DPI and HDMI (without GPU installed of course)
  • tried to connect to a TV and another monitor but still no signal
  • changed power outlets
  • bought anti surge outlet
Its as if I bought brand new PC parts and plugged them in and it still doesnt work.
I have no idea what could be the issue anymore so I ask you dear people to help me!

P.S. All fans are spinning, all RGB lights are on, everything is working normally as it did before except there's no picture or sound.

desperate...

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidM012

Distinguished
What you bought another entirely different motherboard from a different vendor and manufacturer, assessed all it's compatibility correctly and installed it in the case and installed the cpu without bending any contacts in the socket?

Did you apply the thermal paste with your cooler? uh oh. Do you know what thermal paste is for? Does the cooler have thermal paste pre-applied? They don't usually do they?

The cpu is detecting error condition maybe because it gets too warm on startup and decides I don't want to do this.

Apr 15, 2022
What you bought another entirely different motherboard from a different vendor and manufacturer, assessed all it's compatibility correctly and installed it in the case and installed the cpu without bending any contacts in the socket?

Did you apply the thermal paste with your cooler? uh oh. Do you know what thermal paste is for? Does the cooler have thermal paste pre-applied? They don't usually do they?

The cpu is detecting error condition maybe because it gets too warm on startup and decides I don't want to do this.
Bro, just leave my thread already. You keep typing pointless stuff and on top of that you patronize me as if I never assembled a PC.
I have been working with PC's since 1997, but I never experienced such problem, therefore I'm asking for help from someone who actually experienced the same problem...I dont need you to keep typing every single thing that I already know. Thank you David, but please just carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS