[SOLVED] Changed CPU and ran into problems

Aug 13, 2019
I had this terribly hard fan to put together. So Everytime I upgraded my CPU the fan would be be a pain to put back together. You'd need two people to hold it all together while another person screwed. My wife and I changed the CPU in my computer the other night and on of the screws got cross threaded on this fan assembly. I tried everything to get it apart. When I finally did, I noticed the back mount did some damage to my mobo. Now my computer won't pass post and acts as if processor is not getting power. Everything is hooked up correctly. Just need to know if the date to mobo is terminal or should I keep troubleshooting. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Solution
I had this terribly hard fan to put together. So Everytime I upgraded my CPU the fan would be be a pain to put back together. You'd need two people to hold it all together while another person screwed. My wife and I changed the CPU in my computer the other night and on of the screws got cross threaded on this fan assembly. I tried everything to get it apart. When I finally did, I noticed the back mount did some damage to my mobo. Now my computer won't pass post and acts as if processor is not getting power. Everything is hooked up correctly. Just need to know if the date to mobo is terminal or should I keep troubleshooting. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Do you have a pic of the damage, and the fan on the cpu? If you had...
Do you have a pic of the damage, and the fan on the cpu? If you had trouble with the screw there is a chance that you over tightened the cooling plate to the cpu which can cause the cpu to short out a bit on post. You may have to loosen it a bit, try to post, loosen it a bit try to post, etc.

Solution