[SOLVED] Changed CPU. Computer doesn't display anything with it. But also doesn't display anything with old CPU now.

Mar 3, 2020
Hi everyone, hope someone can help me,

So I was upgrading my i3 4160 to and i5 4690k in my ASUS H81M-K motherboard. However, when I swapped the CPUs while all the fans came on and the light on the motherboard was green, there was nothing displaying on the monitor.

I thought maybe that my BIOS needed an update so I put my old cpu back in. However, when I did this, the monitor wouldn't display anything either. I have tried resetting the CMOS and it still doesn't work. Does anyone have any tips?

Solution

So I was upgrading my i3 4160 to and i5 4690k in my ASUS H81M-K motherboard. However, when I swapped the CPUs while all the fans came on and the light on the motherboard was green, there was nothing displaying on the monitor.

I thought maybe that my BIOS needed an update so I put my old cpu back in. However, when I did this, the monitor wouldn't display anything either. I have tried resetting the CMOS and it still doesn't work. Does anyone have any tips?

Are you sure you haven't bent any pins on the motherboard socket while changing CPUs?

You should take out the CPU that's currently in and check closely to see if there are any crooked pins.

Are you sure you haven't bent any pins on the motherboard socket while changing CPUs?

You should take out the CPU that's currently in and check closely to see if there are any crooked pins.

Solution