[SOLVED] Changed GPUs PC Bootloops

Mar 28, 2020
Hi Everyone, I have a PC that previously ran with a PNY GTX 770. My buddy got a new graphics card so he sold his ASUS 1070 to me (was previously working). I went to go make the change after using my PC this morning and when I had the 1070 installed the computer now just attempted to start, the fans and lights fired up for a few seconds, and then shut off. It the kept attempting to turn on, so this process of the fans spinning etc. continues.

I then tried to reinstall my 770, which was previously working and was now met with the same issue.

I dont have the exact details of my system, but I have an MSI Arctic motherboard, a 650 Watt PSU (new, only about 2-3 years old). 7600K CPU.

Solution
How about to remove the GPU, whatever gtx770 or the rtx1070, just use onboard iGPU, if you can boot the PC with onboard iGPU, then unstall the gpu driver, also check the MB version too, make sure it has the newer one, then shut down the PC, switch to rtx1070.
Note: if the MB does not have newer version BIOS, may consider to update the BIOS, if you can use the PC with intel onboard iGPU.

And try to boot the PC to see what happens.
How about to remove the GPU, whatever gtx770 or the rtx1070, just use onboard iGPU, if you can boot the PC with onboard iGPU, then unstall the gpu driver, also check the MB version too, make sure it has the newer one, then shut down the PC, switch to rtx1070.
Note: if the MB does not have newer version BIOS, may consider to update the BIOS, if you can use the PC with intel onboard iGPU.

And try to boot the PC to see what happens.

Solution