Question Changed Hard Drives, Computer Won't Talk To Monitor

Aug 5, 2022
Hello!

I have a gaming computer I built several years ago. Lately, the HDDs have been trying to go out, so I bought a couple SSDs, and decided to install them and upgrade to Windows 10. Did my data backup a little while back.

Well, I turned off my computer, cleaned it out, uninstalled the HDDs, installed the SSDs, and now I'm trying to boot it up so I can install Windows 10. I also made sure all my connections were snug and things were slotted when I opened up the computer.

When I turn it on, it does come on and run, but it won't trigger the monitor to recognize that it needs to display anything. It simply doesn't sense a connection from the computer. It doesn't work through HDMI, and I've even tried to use a different monitor through a DVI cable, to no avail.

I can't even navigate to the BIOS because I can't see anything that's going on. I've checked all my connections.

Am I missing something?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could try and reset your BIOS. Power down, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button to drain any residual power and replace after 30 minutes.

We've going to need your full system's specs though. Include the age of your PSU alongside it's make and model.

Hello!

I have a gaming computer I built several years ago. Lately, the HDDs have been trying to go out, so I bought a couple SSDs, and decided to install them and upgrade to Windows 10. Did my data backup a little while back.

Well, I turned off my computer, cleaned it out, uninstalled the HDDs, installed the SSDs, and now I'm trying to boot it up so I can install Windows 10. I also made sure all my connections were snug and things were slotted when I opened up the computer.

When I turn it on, it does come on and run, but it won't trigger the monitor to recognize that it needs to display anything. It simply doesn't sense a connection from the computer. It doesn't work through HDMI, and I've even tried to use a different monitor through a DVI cable, to no avail.

I can't even navigate to the BIOS because I can't see anything that's going on. I've checked all my connections.

Am I missing something?
Unplug the new ssd's....test.