Question Changed MB, RAM and CPU. No Signal to Screen.

Mar 21, 2020
Hello
I replaced my old motherboard (Asrock z77 Pro4) with the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. Furthermore I installed a Ryzen 3600 with the stock cooler. Rightnow i have installed one stick of ddr4 Ram because i ordered the wrong one and should get the Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32GB kit on monday.
As graphics card I have the GTX 1060 3gb and for the PSU i have the somewhat old be quiet! Pure Power L7 (430W).

To the actual problem.
The computer does not send a signal to my screen (I already tried two different ones), which I have connected to my graphics card (DP and HDMI).When I start the PC, the debug light of the CPU appears on the mainboard for a few seconds and then goes away.
I noticed that my PSU has only a 4-pin CPU cable and the mainboard has an 8-pin and another 4-pin. Is that the problem? If I don't plug anything into the CPU PWR the debug light won't go away.

I would be very happy if anyone could help me, because I cannot go to a technician because of the current situation with the corona virus.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE! :)))))

Hello
I replaced my old motherboard (Asrock z77 Pro4) with the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. Furthermore I installed a Ryzen 3600 with the stock cooler. Rightnow i have installed one stick of ddr4 Ram because i ordered the wrong one and should get the Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32GB kit on monday.
As graphics card I have the GTX 1060 3gb and for the PSU i have the somewhat old be quiet! Pure Power L7 (430W).

To the actual problem.
The computer does not send a signal to my screen (I already tried two different ones), which I have connected to my graphics card (DP and HDMI).When I start the PC, the debug light of the CPU appears on the mainboard for a few seconds and then goes away.
I noticed that my PSU has only a 4-pin CPU cable and the mainboard has an 8-pin and another 4-pin. Is that the problem? If I don't plug anything into the CPU PWR the debug light won't go away.

I would be very happy if anyone could help me, because I cannot go to a technician because of the current situation with the corona virus.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE! :)))))
Probably need to update BIOS version and PSU needs at least 8pin connector.

Mar 21, 2020
Probably need to update BIOS version and PSU needs at least 8pin connector.
Ok,
I flashed the BIOS multiple Times. Also i just ordered the Corsair TX550M (550).
so its normal that the CPU debug light goes on and nothing shows on the screen?
I checked the CPU multiple times and i cant see any bent pins or something like that.

Mar 21, 2020
Update:
The PSU I ordered has arrived, but it was dead on arrival. So a friend of mine suggested I try a Molex adapter on 8pin until i get another one. Unfortunately this did not work and the Debug light on CPU stayed on for some seconds and then went out. Same as before.
So my new question:
Should my be quiet! pure power L7 (430W) have enough power to run a gtx 1060 3gb, a Ryzen 3600 with the stockfan and Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32GB Kit (2x16gb)

Update:
The PSU I ordered has arrived, but it was dead on arrival. So a friend of mine suggested I try a Molex adapter on 8pin until i get another one. Unfortunately this did not work and the Debug light on CPU stayed on for some seconds and then went out. Same as before.
So my new question:
Should my be quiet! pure power L7 (430W) have enough power to run a gtx 1060 3gb, a Ryzen 3600 with the stockfan and Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32GB Kit (2x16gb)
It would be very tight at least. 600-650W would be more appropriate.

Mar 21, 2020
Got the PSU, plugged in (PCIE, CPU and ATX) it started working.
But the red debug light from the CPU is still there. Tried it without RAM with only one stick, reseted CMOS and flashed Bios but nothing works.
Do i just order a new CPU? It must have been DOA.

EDIT: I just tried the boot my old mainboard with the GTX 1060 and it didnt show an image aswell it did the last time.
Could it be the Graphics-Card? But the i5-3470 has built in graphics. I realy dont know whats going on....

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS