[SOLVED] Changed memory frequency from 2133 to 3600mhz, newly built pc won't display on monitor anymore?

Dec 13, 2021
Hi!

Just built a new pc along some friends who are more knowledgeable than I am.

After plugging in, I noticed in rog bios my memory frequency showed 2133mhz so in AI Overclock tuner I changed it to 3600mhz docp standard.

Now my pc no longer displays onto my monitors but my pc is turned on and running.

What do I do next to fix this and continue with the new bios setup - I haven't select a boot start yet.

PC Components:
5800x, Vengeance pro rgb sl 4x8 3600mhx cl18, Asus tuf gaming 3080, rog strix B550a mobo

Solution
Your 5800x officially supports 3200Mhz. The D.O.C.P profile may not work so the system has defaulted to 2133MHz to comply with JDEC standard safe setting.

You may be able to manually tweak your Timings and Dram Voltage in Bios however there is no guarantee you will achieve the rated frequency of 3600Mhz. It depends on the strength of the CPU IMC (Integrated Memory Controller).

You can obtain your SPD settings in Windows CPUz under the SPD tab. Try that first and a slight increase in Dram voltage may get you there. Do not exceed 1.4V.
Your 5800x officially supports 3200Mhz. The D.O.C.P profile may not work so the system has defaulted to 2133MHz to comply with JDEC standard safe setting.

You may be able to manually tweak your Timings and Dram Voltage in Bios however there is no guarantee you will achieve the rated frequency of 3600Mhz. It depends on the strength of the CPU IMC (Integrated Memory Controller).

You can obtain your SPD settings in Windows CPUz under the SPD tab. Try that first and a slight increase in Dram voltage may get you there. Do not exceed 1.4V.

Solution
Dec 13, 2021

How do I get my display back to continue the bios setup/boot?

How do I get my display back to continue the bios setup/boot?
If you can get into your Bios then bring Bios back to default and settle for2133Mhz for the time being. If no access to Bios you can remove the CMOS battery with the system powered down. Pressing the power button would deplete the Capacitors and set CMOS back to default.
It is also advisable to update your Bios and chipset.