Changed my date to 31/12/2021 11:58 PM, Now images and webpages aren't loading correctly

totalbraindead

Prominent
Feb 12, 2018
I followed a video's tutorial on something and it told me to change my date and time, so I did. After switching back to the current date, none of my browsers are loading webpages correctly, all of them saying that my clock is incorrect, even though it isn't. There are very few exceptions to this, like YouTube and Google. Even applications like Steam aren't working properly and trying to synchronize with any internet time server that Windows shows by default isn't working. It only brings up an error. I feel like I messed something up royally by changing the clock to that time. Could someone please help?

Solution
Updating the Windows clock is supposed to update the computer's internal clock, but doesn't always (especially if your CMOS battery is low). Try booting into the computer's BIOS setup and set the time manually there.

A lot of encryption standards use the current date and time as a salt for the encryption key. So if your time is significantly off, things like VPNs and https can stop working.

Lutfij

Titan
If you look at the time stamp on the top right hand corner of this thread, you're living in 28 March 2018. I'm a few hours ahead of the USA time zone so I'm on the 29th March 2018. You might want to time travel back to 2018 and all should be fine with your browsing.

i.e, change it back to the correct time.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Please share the reason you changed your system time as you did. What were you trying to accomplish?

Updating the Windows clock is supposed to update the computer's internal clock, but doesn't always (especially if your CMOS battery is low). Try booting into the computer's BIOS setup and set the time manually there.

A lot of encryption standards use the current date and time as a salt for the encryption key. So if your time is significantly off, things like VPNs and https can stop working.

Solution