Question Changed my i3 4130 for i5 4690s

Changed my cpu , now fans run but no signal to monitor H87M-e . Is it faulty or do I need to do anything?
Did you download the latest BIOS for your motherboard before you upgraded? I would start there, you will need to reinstall your i3 to do this.
Get the Bios from here.

What is your bios level?
the i5-4590s support was introduced in level 0904 released 1/2014.
If you are already at that level, you do not need to update the bios and your problem is elsewhere.
If you do update the bios, be careful.
Read all of the instructions.
Do not interrupt the process. It may take a number of minutes with nothing apparent going on.
A failed bios update can be difficult to recover from.
The latest bios (2201) will include all previous updates

Big Johnny

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
What is your bios level?
If you are already at that level, you do not need to update the bios and your problem is elsewhere.
Do not interrupt the process. It may take a number of minutes with nothing apparent going on.
What is your bios level?

I have checked , mine reads version 0904 1/06/14 Does this mean a faulty Ebay cpu ?

Changed i3 4130 to i5 4690 on h87m-e . I had updated bios but fans come on but no processing light or signal to monitor. This is 2nd CPU I have tried , any advice?
Could you possibly take a picture of the bottom of the 4690S so we can see the contact pads and the motherboard CPU socket pins? It's likely that the CPU is faulty, since your 4130 still works fine. The bios shouldn't matter since both CPUs require the same bios version to work on your motherboard. You should try returning it if you still can.