Changed my router country, now no internet

iworkout

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
My internet was working fine; wifi and Ethernet until I logged into my router settings and saw the country was set to north Korea, so I changed the country to the United kingdom because that's where I am now the internet won't work and my devices say "unable to obtain ip address." I also cannot access the router through Ethernet with the old IP address any more.

Solution
well I am confused because you state you changed the country code and ("I am now the internet won't work and my devices say "unable to obtain ip address.") so you get no IP anyways so technically your no longer connected to internet and since you also mentioned (" cannot access the router through Ethernet with the old IP address any more").

so do you have internet access or not ? if not since you seem to have a point to point system that was probably configured properly with your ISP I suggest you contact your ISP to resolve this, unless they are only supporting the antenna and modem to your house? then in that case reset factory setting will not affect your internet system at all, only mean you will have to reconfigure your router to...

iworkout

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Our internet works off a point to point connection as we live in very rural area, so if I factory reset it wouldn't connect to the internet any more. The connection is bounced over hills from a town 8 miles away. So I'm guessing the router has been configured to run through other connections?
It's a Mikrotik router

well I am confused because you state you changed the country code and ("I am now the internet won't work and my devices say "unable to obtain ip address.") so you get no IP anyways so technically your no longer connected to internet and since you also mentioned (" cannot access the router through Ethernet with the old IP address any more").

so do you have internet access or not ? if not since you seem to have a point to point system that was probably configured properly with your ISP I suggest you contact your ISP to resolve this, unless they are only supporting the antenna and modem to your house? then in that case reset factory setting will not affect your internet system at all, only mean you will have to reconfigure your router to get DHCP set on to get new IP address from ISp.

Solution