Question Changed one of two monitors and now they wake up and act weird when/after idle

Hey there,
I've been running my Z590, 11900K, RTX 3090 Kingpin with Asus ROG XG279UQ and HP Z24i for quite some time now and everything worked fine.
I'm using the same DisplayPort cables for both monitors now, as before I switched Asus ROG XG279UQ for LG 32EP950.
My question is, I have set the display turn off time to 2 minutes, which works, but...
  • after approximately 4 minutes, my both monitors wake up, and go to sleep after another 2 minutes. This is super annoying, since the LG is OLED and I want to enlengthen it's life span as much as possible
  • after being turned off for second time, when I wake up the monitors [they still wake up every ~4minutes], all of my windows are on the primary monitor [the new LG 32EP950
I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2, and I've uninstalled the VGA drivers twice in Safe Mode using DDU and installed two new versions of Nvidia Drivers.

This is running me nuts, there's literally no software that's waking the monitors, I also disconnected mouse [turned it off] to rule out involuntary movement of mouse when I touch the table.

Nothing. My last resort will be clean Windows installation, but I'm not counting on it much, since same is happening in safe mode :/

Please advise,

With best regards

uplink

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Don’t worry about enlengthening the lifespan of your monitor. Frequently sending it to sleep and waking it up on a 4 minute idle timer won’t help. If anything that is enshortening the lifespan not enlengthening it.

I would set the auto-off to 60 minutes and forget about it.

Don’t worry about enlengthening the lifespan of your monitor. Frequently sending it to sleep and waking it up on a 4 minute idle timer won’t help. If anything that is enshortening the lifespan not enlengthening it.

I would set the auto-off to 60 minutes and forget about it.
Hey there buddy,

thank You for Your reply. Well, hmm, probably I didn't write it clear enough, I'll try to rephrase. I'd like the monitor to turn off after 2 minutes [this works] and not to wake till I move the mouse or hit the keyboard, like in 2 - 4 hours I'm not using the PC, that's what I mean.

And running OLED for 60 minutes with static image would doom it in a few days, that won't work.

But thank You for trying anyway, appreciate it 🙇‍♂️