Changed OS now I can't access the hidden files of the old OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

spamtech

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
I had windows 7 ultimate OS, i hidden some files in it. now i have installed windows 8 pro, but i can't open the hidden files, i can see the thumbnails, after i changed admin privilege but not i can't access it shows error as access denied and all, how can i retain those things? please help me.
Thank you

Solution
You should be able to regain access by taking ownership of the files. Right click the file, select Properties, then select the Security tab. Select the Advanced button, then select the Owner tab, chose Edit, then set the owner to your local Administrators group or to your username. Select OK to close out of the windows and the file should be accessible. If not, you may need to edit the permissions of the file to add Administrators or your username to the permissions for the folder.

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
You should be able to regain access by taking ownership of the files. Right click the file, select Properties, then select the Security tab. Select the Advanced button, then select the Owner tab, chose Edit, then set the owner to your local Administrators group or to your username. Select OK to close out of the windows and the file should be accessible. If not, you may need to edit the permissions of the file to add Administrators or your username to the permissions for the folder.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.