Changed pc case and GPU (gtx960) went from 65 to 80 degrees

Jun 9, 2018
Running a gtx evga 960 4gb and in the previous case on load it was going maximum 65-67 degrees, after changing the pc case the load temp went to 80 degrees. The old case was rubbish missing the side pannel and also the front panel where dvd writer is , the new case is called nJoy Vanguard and i also added 2 intake fans and 1 out fan. Could such be possible ? I find it hard since the new case has fans into it compared to the old one.
Also as a note: i added a new hdd and a ssd to the system and windows fresh install. Also the cpu temp on load is the same as it was with the rubbish case , only the gpu temp is diff. Thanks :)
hnYECo

fkPXyT

PuperHacker

Honorable
If the previous case was open from everywhere, then that justifies the change in temperature. Make sure that the intake fan number does not exceed the out fans so that you have balanced airflow. Cleaning the GPU of dust would also be a good starting point.

Jun 9, 2018

In the old case the gpu was full of dust and after i put it in the new case ive cleaned it , also maybe there was a change in the gpu fans speed? and it reseted when i reinstalled he windows?

PuperHacker

Honorable

You can only confirm this by testing with deiffernt fan speeds. I insist that more air was flowing in with a wide open case.
What happens if you run your current case without the side panel?

Jun 9, 2018

I will try and I ll tell you

Jun 9, 2018

Absolutely the same..

Jun 9, 2018

I've increased the curve of the fans to be running at like 70-80% and it still gets to 80 degrees but indeed its doing it slower , but in like 5 mins it gets to them..