Hi,

My pc has worked fine for a year.
it has:
MSI B450 Pro VDH Max
RTX 2060 OC
Ryzen 5 3600x
2x 2400mhz RAM sticks
An SSD and an HDD

Recently, i smelled a burning smell from my PSU which was 700 W so i replaced it with a Thermaltake 700 W Smart RGB PSU.
However, my system wont post. I can also smell a slight plastic smell from the psu. The motherboards ez debug CPU and DRAM lights are on. The lights and fabs are run stable but it won’t boot.
I tried changing cmos and reseating everything before finding it still worked with my old PSU. Any ideas?

Solution
Well… It works…
I tried replugging everything, checked all the cables and nothing. So I got a drink, swapped to my old PSU and back again and tah dah.… it works. At this point I am not going to question the computer gods about their motives for fear of repercussions in the form of crashes.
In case it somehow helps anyone and I seriously doubt it will, i booted it without my drives and once without my gpu. Maybe it was a power issue which is why switching my PSU helped but I had flushed it.
I will close this thread if it still works after some testing.
Aug 8, 2021
Well… It works…
I tried replugging everything, checked all the cables and nothing. So I got a drink, swapped to my old PSU and back again and tah dah.… it works. At this point I am not going to question the computer gods about their motives for fear of repercussions in the form of crashes.
In case it somehow helps anyone and I seriously doubt it will, i booted it without my drives and once without my gpu. Maybe it was a power issue which is why switching my PSU helped but I had flushed it.
I will close this thread if it still works after some testing.

Solution