[SOLVED] Changed some components

KeithK2006

Reputable
Feb 13, 2019
I've started building my pc but made some last minute changes https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/FXfN8M
I switched the msi b450 tomahawk max with this gigabyte b550 board for an extra 10$ as is looks much nicer, would there be any problems with doing that?
I switched the memory from g.skill ripjaws 3600 cl 16 to the vengeance rgb pro 3200 cl 16, the vengeance is about 14$ cheaper plus it has nice rgb, also gonna overclock the memory. How much performance would I lose because of this switch?

I already have the case (Meshify c), hard drive (Seagate barracuda 2tb), and ssd (crucial p1 500gb nvme)

Solution
I switched the msi b450 tomahawk max with this gigabyte b550 board for an extra 10$ as is looks much nicer, would there be any problems with doing that?
Nope, you'll have zero issues.

I switched the memory from g.skill ripjaws 3600 cl 16 to the vengeance rgb pro 3200 cl 16, the vengeance is about 14$ cheaper plus it has nice rgb, also gonna overclock the memory. How much performance would I lose because of this switch?
If you can get it overclocked to 3600Mhz, that'd be great. Otherwise, the fps loss would be on the order of 1-3 fps.

Will you oc the 3700x? If not, the stock cooler is good enough and rgb.
Nope, you'll have zero issues.

If you can get it overclocked to 3600Mhz, that'd be great. Otherwise, the fps loss would be on the order of 1-3 fps.

Will you oc the 3700x? If not, the stock cooler is good enough and rgb.

Solution