Question Changed to an RX 570, now after a bit of using it just displays squares all over the screen, forcing me to reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2023
Changed to an RX 570, now after a bit of using it just displays squares all over the screen, forcing me to reboot.
This started happening as soon as i got my rx 570, i know the drivers have something to do with it but i jut dont't have a clue how to fix it.

Changed to an RX 570, now after a bit of using it just displays squares all over the screen, forcing me to reboot.
This started happening as soon as i got my rx 570, i know the drivers have something to do with it but i jut dont't have a clue how to fix it.
Actually I think that you're wrong. I don't think that it's the drivers, I think that you have a VRAM error. I've had a similar experience with an RX 5700 XT.

So many people blame Radeon drivers for hardware problems.

Reactions: Barty1884
Yeah, video cards are not made to be repaired. This is because 99.99% of the time, they last just fine for their intended service life or longer. The RX 570 came out six years ago and was heavily used in Ethereum mining. I'm afraid that it's just time to get a new card because they don't live forever. Fortunately, the RX 6600 is pretty cheap right now at only $235 and would be a massive upgrade compared to the RX 570.

Feb 17, 2023
Yeah, video cards are not made to be repaired. This is because 99.99% of the time, they last just fine for their intended service life or longer. The RX 570 came out six years ago and was heavily used in Ethereum mining. I'm afraid that it's just time to get a new card because they don't live forever. Fortunately, the RX 6600 is pretty cheap right now at only $235 and would be a massive upgrade compared to the RX 570.
I just read on some website (since this rx 570 was bought as a "used"product) that the firmware/bios settings of the gpu could be the problem. Fact check this please

Reactions: Avro Arrow
I just read on some website (since this rx 570 was bought as a "used"product) that the firmware/bios settings of the gpu could be the problem. Fact check this please
I honestly couldn't tell you if that's true or not, nor would I know where to get information like that. What I can do is point you towards a database that stores the BIOS of most video cards:
TechPowerUp VGA BIOS Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.