Changing a users password is not allowed- why?

I've setup a user so that when he logs in again, he should be prompted to
enter a new password. I made sure on User Manager, on the server, that "User
must change password at next logon is set and the other checkboxes are not.

When the user logs in, he is asked to change his password. This is OK. But
on entering a completely different password from his existing, the systems
says "You do not have permission to change your password" and goes back to
the change password dialog.

I just can't figger out why this is happening. Any one?
WinNT4, SP6, WinNT4 Workstation Client.

--

Julian Milano

Start with the below articles;

198941.KB.EN-US Users Cannot Change Password When Logging On
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198941

160900.KB.EN-US Windows NT Users May Lack Permission to Change Password
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;160900

--
Darren Hook
dhook@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.