Changing AMD to Intel Motherboard and CPU

TerrickCEF

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
after I've replaced the motherboard to the new Intel Motherboard and CPU, does it boot up the current OS back? or it just doesnt read it?

I'm afraid that if i change the board it just doesnt boot up and I have to fresh install a new one without even manage to backup ( i dont have any external/internal HDD spare)

Using Asus Crosshair V and changing to Maximus Vii (dont know which model yet. can you guys suggest? )
FX8350 to i7-4770k or 4790k

TerrickCEF

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

so I have to completely backup all the things in my current HDD before changing to another board?

I would backup any important documents, images and videos. For applications, you would need to reinstall them. You can take a backup of Steam and Steam games.

TerrickCEF

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

what about settings of aps? itunes setting, chrome setting and etc..

Hussain Ali

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
If you don't want to clean install (although I strongly recommend you do), make sure that you uninstall any traces of your old AMD drivers/software. It's a real headache to do this however thus why it's better to perform a clean install of Windows and then restore your files and applications.

About the backup method - use a USB storage device to move files over to another PC/laptop. This method will test your patience if you have a small storage capacity on your USB storage device. :lol: