[SOLVED] Changing case dell optiplex 990

Dec 8, 2019
I will soon change my stock dell optiplex case to a bigger one for better airflow.
I heared that there are some issues with the motherboard and the motherboard only works in dell case? Anyone know what to do?

Solution
Tow minor problem I see:

1. Light/switch mounts. On a Dell, they have a harness from the case that is made to fit the motherboard. I highly doubt the motherboard is going to say where each connection is. So you will probably have to play around with it a bit to get the switches and lights working properly.

2. Power supply. A bigger case will mean longer power cords, and it is doubtful the power supply in the Dell has cords that are 1 inch longer than they need to be, so I would plan on purchasing a new power supply as well.
Tow minor problem I see:

1. Light/switch mounts. On a Dell, they have a harness from the case that is made to fit the motherboard. I highly doubt the motherboard is going to say where each connection is. So you will probably have to play around with it a bit to get the switches and lights working properly.

2. Power supply. A bigger case will mean longer power cords, and it is doubtful the power supply in the Dell has cords that are 1 inch longer than they need to be, so I would plan on purchasing a new power supply as well.

Solution
Dec 8, 2019
I don't need the light I mean the errors with the sensors are the main issue, and I bought today a corsair cx500 for the new case I think it's perfect psu.