Changing Dedicated Video Memory

Hp-User

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
I have an HP (Windows 8.1 desktop). I want to change my dedicated video memory from 512 mb, to 1024 mb. I have a AMD Radeon HD 8330. How do i do this, i cant change it in bios and ive been looking all over but none of the answers have sufficed. Please help me im not very good with computer hardware but im not a complete newbie either.

Hp-User

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014

ok so say i want to run skyrim and its recommended setting on my pc is 1 GB Graphics Memory.
I want to run the recommended instead of the minimum but you say that it will use what is needed not recommended.
so if i want to use recommended settings for gaming will i need to but a new graphics card?

What kind of CPU do you have? That's very important for Skyrim. Also... Integrated graphics isn't good for gaming but if you were to upgrade the graphics card then you'll probably want a better power supply as well. The HD 8330 isn't even close to the recommended GTX 260 for Skyrim.

Hp-User

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014

i have AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics (1.50GHz)

I hate to tell you this but you need a new computer to run Skyrim any better. An APU just is not going to cut it for that game. It's a very CPU intensive game.