[SOLVED] changing default install location

mts91

Prominent
Jul 27, 2018
Hey all.

I was installing a game through the Xbox App on the microsoft store. I wanted to install it on my M2 SSD (D drive) but for some reason it didnt let me unless i set that up as the default install location (instead of the C: drive).

So for a "temporary" fix i set it as my default drive and installed the game there, i then set the C drive back as default drive.

Now for some reason the D drive has a few folders created such as Program Files, or WindowsApps etc.
I cant seem to delete them for some reason

I dont want to have to format the drive as ive got a few games already installed on there.

Any ideas on how i can fix this?

14LvY3G.png

Solution
I would just leave them there. They are probably small and they won't hurt anything.
I'm thinking that Windows won't let you delete them because they are system folders.
You might be able to change a Windows setting so you can delete them....but I don't know where you would go to do that.
I would just leave them there. They are probably small and they won't hurt anything.
I'm thinking that Windows won't let you delete them because they are system folders.
You might be able to change a Windows setting so you can delete them....but I don't know where you would go to do that.

Solution