Hello,

I would like to know how to change the filename separator
in explorer. Suppose we have a file
named: "This.Is.A.File.doc". Under SP1, if you rename
the file, you can move between the words using CTRL-left
or -right. But in SP2, the cursor would just skip the
whole filename and not move between the words, unless the
separator was a space or a dash.

TweakUI lets you change the filename separator for
command prompt, but not for explorer. Just wondering
whether there's some utility/regedit hack that lets you
do what I described above.

Thanks,

"J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
| Hello,
|
| I would like to know how to change the filename separator
| in explorer. Suppose we have a file
| named: "This.Is.A.File.doc". Under SP1, if you rename
| the file, you can move between the words using CTRL-left
| or -right. But in SP2, the cursor would just skip the
| whole filename and not move between the words, unless the
| separator was a space or a dash.
|
| TweakUI lets you change the filename separator for
| command prompt, but not for explorer. Just wondering
| whether there's some utility/regedit hack that lets you
| do what I described above.
|
| Thanks,

I have SP1. When I installed Tweakui for XP ver 2.10.0.0,
I noticed the same effect as you are describing for SP2.