Question changing GPU how much effect FPS

Jul 15, 2022
i have q9650+8gb drr3 ram+hd4770 and im getting 100-150 fps but i cant play gta 5 with this.so i want to buy gtx660.how much fps can i get with this.
i cant change my desktop.i'll be glad if you dont asked me

Jul 15, 2022
Thr GTX 660 is2X as fast or more than the HD4770.
But you processor will be the limiting factor regardless of video card you install.
You will still probably get 100-150FPS but you will be able to turn up details in the game. A mix of low and medium details.
i will use with oc .cooler is snowman t5.now im playing with low settings.4:3 1024*768

Upgrading your graphics card is not likely to gain you much.
The single thread performance of your Q9650 is not that great.

You can simulate the results by playing the game with lowered resolution and details.
That will lower the gpu load.
If you see the same results, you are cpu limited.
If you do better, then is suggests that your cpu is sufficient to run a stronger graphics card.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The 660 is a vastly more powerful GPU than the 4770. The 2GB of memory should help with performance quite a bit in itself. Of concern will be your power supply, as the 660 requires a great deal more power. Of no doubt, as pointed out above, the limiter is for sure going to be the CPU, however if you can get the 660 cheap and feel like no other updates (PSU) will be needed, it sure isn't going to hurt performance.

IMO see if you can't find a 750ti to pair with. It should be lower power AND it is still supported for updates. Perf should be quite similar if you get the 2GB model.

Jul 15, 2022
Upgrading your graphics card is not likely to gain you much.
The single thread performance of your Q9650 is not that great.

You can simulate the results by playing the game with lowered resolution and details.
That will lower the gpu load.
If you see the same results, you are cpu limited.
If you do better, then is suggests that your cpu is sufficient to run a stronger graphics card.
i will try