Question Changing GPU thermal paste

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
I am thinking about changing the thermal paste of my GPU as I haven't changed it since I bought the GPU(RX 460) 2years ago. It runs at a 75-80C when gaming. I will be doing it for the first time so please I need your suggestions. I have changed CPU thermal paste in the past but not GPU. I am going to use a deepcool Z9. Is it even worth changing the paste?

Jun 26, 2019
I would say if the temperatures are no different than when you purchased it there is no need. But I recently had my 1080ti seahawk hybrid start to drift into the low 80s while gaming. I reset the h55 cooler with MX-4 and im back under 60. Its very similar application to that of a CPU except taking apart the GPU shroud can be a pain and a ton of little screws of different sizes.

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
I would say if the temperatures are no different than when you purchased it there is no need. But I recently had my 1080ti seahawk hybrid start to drift into the low 80s while gaming. I reset the h55 cooler with MX-4 and im back under 60. Its very similar application to that of a CPU except taking apart the GPU shroud can be a pain and a ton of little screws of different sizes.
Did the temperature make difference in performance. My GPU's shroud is not that fancy so it should be easy.