Changing graphics card help! PC specs in thread

Feb 1, 2019
I'm updating my GTX 950. My CPU is an i7 6700 and PSU 500w. I bought my Predator G3-710 a couple of years ago and it needs an upgrade, although it surprisingly runs some new games okay-ish.
I'm looking at the ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB Mini, but also contemplating the GTX 1070 equivalent of the same brand.
I don't know too much about the internals of PCs. But I'm wondering whether my pc could handle either of these cards? I also have no idea if my pc would have the means to run these cards, with the ports etc. I've measured the graphics cards against my existing one and I'm 99% sure it'll fit. Any tips would be greatly appreciated from any experts out there!

Feb 1, 2019

Thanks for the quick response. I had my heart set on the 1060, then saw the 1070 for only £70 more but thought it could be a risk so thanks for clearing that up. Is it pretty standard for pcs to have the 6 pin pci connector you speak of?

Update: looked at the 950 specs and it says it says it needs a 1 x 6pins power connector. So I assume I have what it needs to install the 1060?

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
No idea on a prebuilt computer that didn't require it for it's defualt configuration. Just look at the wires coming off the power supply. Should be one that is 2x3 (or 2x4 with 2 pins you can disconnect from.the rest)

It is possible that's a 950 that needed power from.the supply so look and see If anything is plugged into it as well

Feb 1, 2019

Okay, I've looked at videos of my unit and a lot of people have changed graphics cards so should be okay. have you heard about any problems of the i7 6700 and GTX 1060 having problems performing together?

Feb 1, 2019

Okay thanks. I guess I just need to look whether the I've measured the ZOTAC 1060 mini 6gb against the 950 and it's effectively the same, so I guess all I need to do now is open it up and see it has the connector you speak of!

TRENDING THREADS