Changing hardware on windows 10

Sep 26, 2018
I have an old pc with windows 10 and i want to upgrade all of its components (cpu,mobo,gpu) will windows 10 adjust it self to work with the new hardware? Sorry if my english are bad.

Solution
There is no guarantee. Your windows registry will have the old hardware config. It might boot, it might blue screen, it might seem to work OK (only to blue screen days or weeks later). The best answer is to do a clean OS install any time a motherboard is changed.

kanewolf

Titan
There is no guarantee. Your windows registry will have the old hardware config. It might boot, it might blue screen, it might seem to work OK (only to blue screen days or weeks later). The best answer is to do a clean OS install any time a motherboard is changed.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from spirarasolimpiakaras : "Changing hardware on windows 10"

gamerguy319

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
Assuming that you have a Microsoft Account your windows 10 licence should be tied to you, not your hardware. You should be able to upgrade your components; then once you sign in with your Microsoft account everything will be taken care of automatically. While you are doing this a fresh installation of windows would be recommended.